2. Personal Information. “Personal information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and e-mail address or any other information that can be used to identify an, or about an identifiable, individual. Personal information is collected by Stratalinks only when you specifically and knowingly choose to provide it to Stratalinks such as when you choose to subscribe to the services offered on our web site (the “Service”).
3. Collection, Use and Storage of Personal Information. Stratalinks collects and uses your Personal Information for the purpose of providing you with the benefit of the use of our web site and Service. Stratalinks may collect certain information regarding your use of our web site and Service, such as the name of the internet service provider and the Internet Protocol address through which you access the Internet; the time you access our web site or the Service; the pages that are accessed at our web site; and the internet address of the web site from which you linked to our web Site. Stratalinks uses this information to support our web site and the Service and, in accordance with any communications preferences indicated by you, to send you communications regarding Stratalinks and its services. Stratalinks may also contact you from time to time to conduct market research and surveys in an effort to continually improve its services. Stratalinks also collects Personal Information from participants in any discussion forum, whether initiated by you or by any other participant in such forum, and such Personal Information will be stored on our computers. If required for compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or request, Stratalinks may then terminate access to, or use of, any area of our web site where information is posted or submitted, or may disclose any information related to your access to and use of our web site and the Service or the substance of any of your posted or submitted information as deemed necessary for any such compliance.
Stratalinks may, in its sole and absolute discretion, monitor or review your access to and use of our web site and Service at any time. Subject to the foregoing, in the normal course, Stratalinks will not access, review or monitor any data, information, communication or content which you may generate, upload, transmit, copy, control, or otherwise make available at or arising from any use of our Service (collectively, the “Content”), except as follows:
(a) as permitted under the terms of the Subscription Agreement you entered into when acquiring a license to our Service, or
(b) as necessary to maintain or provide our web site and the Service, including without limitation (i) to respond to service requests; (ii) to restore the applicable Content at your request in the event of a service interruption; (iii) to conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process as deemed necessary or advisable by Stratalinks in good faith; (iv) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (v) to enforce the terms of your Subscription Agreement, including investigation of potential violations thereof.
4. Non-Personal Information. Stratalinks also collects non-personally identifiable information about you in a number of ways, including tracking your activities through your IP address, computer settings or most-recently visited URL.
5. Release of Personal Information. Unless you specifically authorize Stratalinks to release your Personal Information, or release is required or permitted by law, Stratalinks will not sell, lease or trade your Personal Information to other third parties. Anonymous or “non-personal” information gathered by Stratalinks through your use of our web site or Service may be used for technical, research and analytical purposes. Information collected through surveys, existing files and public archives may be used by Stratalinks to analyze our services, target market and to develop or enhance our services. Stratalinks has no control over, and shall have no liability for, whether and in what manner any participants in any discussion forum use your Personal Information if or to the extent you have elected to provide the same. Stratalinks does not pre-screen information that users provide or otherwise submit in using our web site or the Service.
6. Informed Consent. Stratalinks will only ask for Personal Information about you that Stratalinks needs and will only ask for it when it is needed. When Stratalinks asks you for the information, Stratalinks will explain to you why such information is needed and what Stratalinks is going to do with it. Stratalinks will seek your prior consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the information as required by applicable privacy legislation. Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of information about you. You may also withdraw your consent to any further collection, use or disclosure of information about you at any time by giving us reasonable notice. If our intended disclosures or uses of information change, Stratalinks will notify you accordingly. Stratalinks will not use your Personal Information for any other purpose without your consent.
8. Accuracy. If you have questions about the accuracy of factual information about you, you will have access to that information in order to verify and update it. All required registration information that you provide to Stratalinks must be current, complete, and accurate and must be kept up to date with Stratalinks on a prompt, timely basis. If your use of and access to our web site and the Service includes password-restricted access to your sensitive information, then by accessing or using our web site and the Service and setting up an account, you consent to the display and storage of such information by Stratalinks and accept all risks of unauthorized access to such information.
9. Security. Our web site has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, Stratalinks will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your Personal Information.
10. Links to Other Web Sites. Our web site may contain links to other web sites. Stratalinks is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other web sites and expressly disclaims all liability associated with your use of and the content of such other sites.
11. Ten Principles of Fair Information Practices.
(b) Identifying Purpose. Stratalinks will identify the purpose for which Personal Information is collected at or before the time the information is collected. The purposes for which information is collected, used or disclosed by Stratalinks must be those that a reasonable person would consider are appropriate in the circumstances.
(c) Consent. Your knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information, except where consent is not required by applicable privacy legislation.
(d) Limiting Collection. Stratalinks will limit the collection of Personal Information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Stratalinks. Personal information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
(e) Limiting Use; Disclosure and Retention. Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected.
(f) Accuracy. Personal information will be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
(g) Safeguards. Personal information will be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
(h) Openness. Stratalinks will make readily available to you specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of Personal Information.
(i) Individual Access. Upon request, if you are an individual, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information and will be given access to that information except where Stratalinks is permitted or required by law not to disclose such Personal Information. You will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information disclosed and have it amended as appropriate.
Updated on March 2, 2011